As XP is now without further support and let loose by Microsoft some DOS diehards like me need to execute dos programs in a 32 or 16 bit dos emulation.
Win 8.1 is on a newer computer usually in its 64 bits format….
In the fora I have seen 5 possible solutions:
- Run it in a Dos window of a 32 bit Windows 8.1 install
- Use Dosbox . See its wiki for more info.
Windows claims Dosbox is compatible with its version 8.1. However it says DosBox version 1 is compatible whereas the current known DosBox version is 0.74. Weird
- The third possibility seems to use Window’s own Hyper Visor or Client hyper V. See also Bringing Hyper V to Windows
- Oracles Virtual Box maybe?
- VM ware player is mentioned as another alternative.
Still trying to figure it out.